About Modding on the Spectrum

Overview of the changes to the forum
Altbert

Re: About Modding on the Spectrum

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm I took the time to write an in-depth article about Modding on the Spectrum including its history and why I created the site in the first place. You can find the article on Selene's Shadow Realm: https://selenesshadowrealm.com/modding-on-the-spectrum
Very well written, Selene! Can I add it to my website, maby to attrack extra attention to this forum?
These users thanked the author Altbert for the post:
Selene310187
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Altbert wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:06 pm
Selene310187 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm I took the time to write an in-depth article about Modding on the Spectrum including its history and why I created the site in the first place. You can find the article on Selene's Shadow Realm: https://selenesshadowrealm.com/modding-on-the-spectrum
Very well written, Selene! Can I add it to my website, maby to attrack extra attention to this forum?
Thanks!
Sure, go ahead :sn-2:.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I will add the text within a few days. A bit busy at the moment and quite near a flu!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I removed the passages from the first post that aren't valid anymore (e.g. the posting restrictions in the Specific Neurodivergent Sections) and linked the user guide regarding the Neurodivergent hub in the Target audience section.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Some people might believe that Modding on the Spectrum is forum for gamers with a neurodivergent disorder only. This is not the case. It's for everyone :sn-37:. I made it a bit more clear in the Target audience part of the first post.
Selene310187 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:13 am Target audience

It's a hub for people who are united by one special interest: modding their games to suit their individual tastes. This is also the main emphasis of the board and that's independent from any neurodivergent condition you might have or not. The Spectrum is for everyone!

Edit:

I linked the About Modding on the Spectrum thread in the forum description of the User Guide section of the board. It's one of the first things the users see when they visit the site. I just discovered a few days ago that you can put links and BBCodes inside the forum descriptions. Better late than never :D.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I made the navigation in the Modding section of the board index easier by linking the corresponding moddable games forums in the forum descriptions. These subsection links are marked with the ᐅ symbol.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

The forum is now linked in the navigation menu of Selene's Shadow Realm, not only to lead some of the visitors here. There's another reason:
[...] I have asked myself if I should link it there in the first place since its existence. Initially, the two sites had a completely different focus regarding their subjects. I used Selene’s Shadow Realm to present my mods and projects and the main purpose of Modding on the Spectrum was to unite gamers with neurodivergent conditions. But the focus changed on both sites, better, I have changed (my mind) and it will probably not the last time that it changes (I know me too well 😀 ). Both sites have in common that they are about mods and gaming. Mental health is my main topic currently and I want to talk about it on Selene’s Shadow Realm, too, just for the sake of talking, describing my very own experiences only. So I don’t give any direct advice here (I’m already doing this on Modding on the Spectrum 😉 ). [...]
Source: Guestbook on Selene's Shadow Realm
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I took the time to rewrite the user guide to make it more user-friendly. It now includes the registration process and covers writing of your first posts. Some parts that belonged to the "About Modding on the Spectrum" topic are now part of the user guide like the "Overview of the forum's areas". At the beginning of the user guide is an index so you can jump to the info of the guide that is relevant to you.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I updated the "Becoming a member" section of the User Guide taking the recent changes to the signup process* into account.

* the social login feature and the discontinuation of the account confirmation via email (to improve accessibility, see this thread)

As a side note, you can now see a list of similar topics at the bottom of each thread. This is done via the Precise Similar Topics extension.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

You may have noticed that I restructured the Forum Related Stuff section.

Why: The "Announcements" and "Feedback & Suggestions" sections could be overlooked easily because they were subforums of another subforum.

So Feedback & Suggestions got its standalone subforum and I unified the announcements and the forum information topics in one single area, the Information & Announcements section (recent announcements appear above the topics of this section).
Last edited by Selene310187 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.