About Modding on the Spectrum

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: About Modding on the Spectrum

Post by Selene310187 »

I refined the main post of this thread incorporating our long-term goal and the main purpose of the board and giving you a brief overview of the main discussion hubs. Furthermore, the text is more logically structured now.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Guess what I forgot to mention in the User Guide? That you don't need to be a member to write a post since May 6, 2023. The first section of the guide is "Writing your first posts" now and I moved "Becoming a member" to the bottom.

Aside from that, I decluttered the "Infos" submenu of the navigation bar to reduce information overload.
These users thanked the author Selene310187 for the post:
Altbert
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Recently, I received a message asking me why there aren't any basic questions in the FAQ like the "what is the goal and purpose of the forum" or "what does the name of the forum mean". It's the default FAQ that comes with the forum software of the board and any changes to it could be overwritten by updates of the forum software. But I've found a workaround: I hid the default FAQ and created a custom one using the Pages extension.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I expanded the FAQ with questions related to writing posts and membership. If you have a question that is not covered in the FAQ yet:
You can me a message via the contact form. One alternative way to message me is via my Nexus Mods profile. I listed more options to contact me on my Twitter profile (see pinned tweet). Additionally, you can ask your question here.
Yes, "here" is linked to the "About Modding on the Spectrum" thread. I already use this thread for smaller news regarding the forum. So I pragmatically gave it another purpose ;).
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I made some changes to the area right below Recent Topics:
Selene310187 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:54 pm Jul 6:
  • The "Hot Topics" section has been renamed to "Topic Spotlight" and I placed more emphasis on gaming related topics.
  • The new "Game Spotlight" section is right below Topic Spotlight giving certain game discussion sections more exposure
Regarding Game Spotlight, I linked the Skyrim and Fallout 4 subforums for now. I'm thinking of adding one or two more (upcoming) games to it in the future.