About Modding on the Spectrum

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

About Modding on the Spectrum

Post by Selene310187 »

It's a place where you can relax and chill while talking about mods and gaming, exchanging knowledge, ideas, struggles and accomplishments and much more. We value inclusiveness and therefore the Spectrum is for everyone in every facet of life!
Selene310187 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:36 pmThe facets of life can be everything from cradle to grave: birth, raising a child, school, friends, working life, relationship, marriage, retirement and so on. Depending on how involved you are, you will have more or less time for your hobbies altogether. The forum can be a platform to talk about these things. This includes accomplishments (no matter how little they seem) and struggles (no matter how big they seem).

And if you just want to talk about gaming and modding in itself, go for it!

The name of the forum

The word modding can stand for using mods and for creating video game mods - hence it's part of the forum's name.

The word spectrum initially referred to the colorful spectrum of neurodiversity only which is represented by the rainbow-colored infinity sign. Now it refers to life as well, because life is a spectrum, too:
Life is a spectrum with extremes at either end, and in the middle, there is balance. The experience of life has the potential to be whatever we make of it.
In the article on my blog Selene's Shadow Realm, I explained why I created Modding on the Spectrum in the first place.

Our goal and main purpose

Our long-term goal is bringing neurodiversity and modding, and respectively gaming, closer together.

Gathering people who share their ideas, knowledge or problems without feeling judged for their individual conditions is the main purpose of Modding on the Spectrum.

The three main discussion hubs

[ Modding & Gaming ]
Supported games and franchises: The Elder Scrolls, Starfield, Fallout, Cyberpunk 2077, Elex
Your favorite game and franchise is not in the list? Then the Gaming Corner is the right place ;)

[ Neurodiversity ]
Did someone tell you that you play too much or waste your time modding your precious game to the fullest? That you should go outside or meet your friends more often? Your worries are heard there and together we find a solution.

[ The Lounge ]
Everything from everyday talk (Regulars' Table), arts, to music and everything related to technology and programming.

If you want to know more about each hub and subforum and how you can write your first posts, please take a look at the User Guide.

The Spectrum on Nexus Mods and AFK Mods

I regularly document our ongoing journey on both websites by talking about major changes and, about once in a month, posting the Community News with links to interesting threads (started in April 2023).
The Spectrum on Nexus Mods
The Spectrum on AFK Mods
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: About Modding on the Spectrum

Post by Selene310187 »

The first post experienced an overhaul. I've rewritten the target audience section, and the mentioned discussion areas and topics got their respective links.
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

Moddable games
At the moment, the forum has discussion areas for:
Elder Scrolls series and Fallout series (Bethesda Games)
The Witcher series and Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt Red Games)
Dragon Ages series and the Mass Effect series (BioWare Games)
I knew I liked this forum. Those just happen to be 6 of my favorite game/series to both play and mod.
Great acts are made up of small deeds ~Lao Tzu
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I renamed two forums:

The new name of "Play Area" is "Gaming Corner" and "Dance Floor" is now called "Jukebox".

So their new names still fit the lounge theme but you can more easily recognize what each forum is about.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:05 pm I renamed two forums:

The new name of "Play Area" is "Gaming Corner" and "Dance Floor" is now called "Jukebox".

So their new names still fit the lounge theme but you can more easily recognize what each forum is about.
I like those new names! :sn-2:
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Selene310187 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:05 pm I renamed two forums:

Yes, I like the new names! I don't care for dancing anyway, as I simply can't follow rythm.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Ivanhoe1955SI

Post by Ivanhoe1955SI »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:13 am Target audience

Moddable games
At the moment, the forum has discussion areas for:
Each game is divided into a wide range of subforums. Mod releases come into the Mod Showcase subforum and mod projects into the Works in Progress subforum for example. If you have problems with certain mods, you can post them in the Mod Support subforum.
If someone wants to bring in another moddable game does the person have to consult with the administration beforehand?
Spoiler
Wenn jemand ein anderes modbares Spiel einbringen möchte muss die Person vorher Rücksprache mit der Administration nehmen?
Don't blame me, I'm only human after all
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Ivanhoe1955SI wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:19 am If someone wants to bring in another moddable game does the person have to consult with the administration beforehand?
Spoiler
Wenn jemand ein anderes modbares Spiel einbringen möchte muss die Person vorher Rücksprache mit der Administration nehmen?
Yes, that's the case. At the moment, I don't plan expanding the areas for moddable games. But if members created mods or are working on mods for the game in question, then it's very likely that this will change.
Spoiler
Ja, das ist richtig. Im Moment bleibt es vorerst bei den bereits existierenden Bereichen für modbare Spiele. Wenn aber Mitglieder Mods für das Spiel erstellt haben oder an diesen arbeiten, dann ist es sehr wahrscheinlich, dass ich das Forum um Bereiche für das betreffende Spiel bzw. die Spielreihe erweitere.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I took the time to write an in-depth article about Modding on the Spectrum including its history and why I created the site in the first place. You can find the article on Selene's Shadow Realm: https://selenesshadowrealm.com/modding-on-the-spectrum
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm I took the time to write an in-depth article about Modding on the Spectrum including its history and why I created the site in the first place. You can find the article on Selene's Shadow Realm: https://selenesshadowrealm.com/modding-on-the-spectrum
Excellent! Very well written! :sn-37:
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187