Updating the forum software

Overview of the changes to the forum
Altbert

Re: Updating the forum software

Post by Altbert »

I haven't experienced any timeouts when logged in. I purposely tried to stay online for a very long time by reading posts which I already read before, posting new topics and new images or responding. Haven't seen anything out of the extraordinary!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I just had a timeout on phpbb.com. So I may have a problem somewhere on my end alone which is not related to the forum.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

Could it be related to the speed of the internet connection? I'm on 1GB fiber!
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My speed is about 1GB as well but it runs over a cable connection which is not fiber (I'm not completely sure). I tested the internet connection just now and the speed and the latency were fine.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I'm not using a cable connection but a wifi booster. When my son is downloading mods from Nexus (I don't have a Nexus account) with a standard account (restricted to 2 MB/ps) dowloading speeds most often are even between 6 and 10 MB/ps, sometimes even more!
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

My ISP is known for all kinds of problems :sn-31:

Therefore, I will continue to observe this.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

I had to change ISP about half a year ago and had to choose between the two mayor ISPs. One provided 1GB fiber with cable, the other with a wifi booster. The latter one a little bit more expensive, but I'm glad I choose that one.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I reset my router to its factory settings and I'll keep an eye on the whole thing.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I didn't experience any timeouts since I reset my router to its factory settings. Knock on wood.
Selene310187
Site Admin

The update to phpBB version 3.3.10 has been completed!

Post by Selene310187 »

It went smoothly. All extensions work with the new version of the forum software. No additional adjustments were needed.

If you encounter a bug due to the update, please follow this advice regarding bug reports.

Return to “Information & Announcements”