The tagging system

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

The tagging system

Post by Selene310187 »

You can assign multiple tags to the first post (the oldest one) of your own thread. Just type the tag in the white field below "Tags:" and hit Return or Enter key.

mots_tag_field.jpg

From the internal tags description of the RH Topic Tags extension:
Allowed tags: -, 0-9, a-z, A-Z, spaces (will be converted to -), min: 3, max: 30

Special case Skyrim:

Skyrim and its different versions and variants are bundled in the "The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim" discussion hub. You can use the "Skyrim-Classic"* and "Skyim-SE"** tags to differentiate between the different versions.

* 32-bit Skyrim, also called Oldrim, including the Legendary Edition variant

** 64-bit Skyrim, also called Special Edition, including the Anniversary Edition variant
Last edited by Selene310187 on Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Altbert

Re: The tagging system

Post by Altbert »

I have been looking to add tags to my post, but I can't find "Tags:" and the white field below it anywhere near the post I was writing. Does there have to be a setting set to ON, like "BBCode is ON" or "[img] is ON"?
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I meant the first post (the oldest one ;)) of your own thread
(I made the first post of this thread more clear now as reaction on your post)

Other posts than the first post of each thread can't be tagged.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

OK, thank you Selene. That wasn't clear to me.

EDIT: Just tagged most of my posts, if applicable.
Bis vincit, qui se vincit in victoria - He conquers twice who conquers himself in victory (Publius Syrus)
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

I haven't so much as looked at oldrim since 2016, let alone modded it. I'm also currently modding FO4 but have no use for the dumpster fire that is FO76 so I'm not sure any tagging would be needed for my posts. The only other game I'm currently modding is Valheim and there's only one version of that.

Do you want us to go back and tag old posts?
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Avrie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:02 pm I haven't so much as looked at oldrim since 2016, let alone modded it. I'm also currently modding FO4 but have no use for the dumpster fire that is FO76 so I'm not sure any tagging would be needed for my posts. The only other game I'm currently modding is Valheim and there's only one version of that.

Do you want us to go back and tag old posts?
I think there still a lot of people who prefer to play Oldrim, or the Special Edition doesn't run on their machine. It would be a good idea to mark a post with the suitable Skyrim version tags so that people see more easily if the mod in question can be used in their version of the game. Whether you tag old posts or not, I leave the final decision to you though.
Altbert

Post by Altbert »

It's quite easy and fast to do, Avrie. Only use tags where applicable. Took me just a few minutes to scan all my posts if tags were needed. Better doing it now then when you are receiving questions about versions used.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

My problem is I don't check... nor do I care too. I have no idea which of the SSE mods I review are also available in LE. I could tag my review thread as SSE only, but a lot of the authors also release on LE, and I've never considered looking.

Basically I'm way too busy in the morning when I write the reviews, it's copied from an SSE forum thread, and I'd be obligated to tag each mod I review, not the thread... If I tag it at all it's going to be SSE.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Avrie wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:14 am My problem is I don't check... nor do I care too. I have no idea which of the SSE mods I review are also available in LE. I could tag my review thread as SSE only, but a lot of the authors also release on LE, and I've never considered looking.
That's ok.
You could write a disclaimer in your mod review thread that you concentrate on SSE and it could be possible that the mod in question is available for LE as well.
Avrie wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:14 am I'd be obligated to tag each mod I review, not the thread... If I tag it at all it's going to be SSE.
Unfortunately, the tagging extension lets you tag the oldest post of a thread only.

Edit:
When I finish my working day, I will have a look at the code of the extension and see if I my knowledge is enough to change this restriction but I can't promise anything.

Edit 2:
It can't be done without rewriting the entire code of the tagging extension and my knowledge is not enough to do this. I'm sorry.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Yeah, it's really not worth it. I'll check the tags I already added to the thread. It's enough that I flag the oldest post. No need to put yourself out. I wouldn't bother tagging the reviews separately anyway. It's honestly not needed, and more work than I'm willing to put in at 3AM ;-)

Edit, I had already tagged the review as being Skyrim-SE so we're good.

Return to “Information & Announcements”