Making the Neurodiversity hub more tangible

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

Making the Neurodiversity hub more tangible

Post by Selene310187 »

I picked up some ideas from my brainstorming thread, extended them further and applied them to the Neurodiverstiy hub. Other ideas were dropped for the time being like the renaming of the neurodiversity hub or the "removal" of the specific neurodivergent sections (the initial plan was merging them with the general neurodivergent discussion and using tags for differentiation).

What did change? Mental Health got its own section (it was a subforum of general neurodivergent discussion before) at the bottom of the hub and its forum description has a link to the glossary. At the the top, you can find a link to a guide with more detailed information about the purpose of each section of the hub and an advice regarding sensible topics. I also updated every forum description so you can get a better gist of each section.

I removed the posting restrictions from the Specific Neurodivergent Sections. Initially, they were implemented to gave members another layer of safety but just like the (discarded) Newly Registered Users group (its purpose was protection against spam) they might keep a majority of the people back from engaging in the first place.

What comes next? Little by little, I fill the Mental Health section with more self-help resources. The first ones were the self-love poem (to remind the people of their own worth) and the list with activities to improve your mood.
Selene310187
Site Admin

Re: Making the Neurodiversity hub more tangible

Post by Selene310187 »

The forum description of Mental Health got the "more about Mental Health" link. It directs to the "About the Neurodiversity hub" topic which explains the purpose of each section in more detail. The purpose of Mental Health:
Selene310187 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:07 pmEveryone is welcomed to ask for advice regarding their personal problems or problems of closed ones. Did someone tell you that you play too much or waste your time modding your precious game to the fullest? That you should go outside or meet your friends more often? Your worries are heard here.

I fixed the Glossary link in the forum description of the "About the Neurodiversity hub" section and in the first post of this thread. The correct topic link is https://modding-on-the-spectrum.com/viewtopic.php?t=118 (there was the number 119 at the end of the topic link which led to the "About the Neurodiversity hub" topic).

I added a "more info" link to the forum description of each section of the Specific Neurodiversity Sections. If you click on the "more info" link, you will be directed to the explanation of the neurodivergent condition in question in the glossary.

I linked the List of Feel Good Activities in the Mental health first aid kit topic.