New smileys

Overview of the changes to the forum
Selene310187
Site Admin

New smileys

Post by Selene310187 »

Yeah, shiny new smileys :sn-13: :sn-14: :sn-2:, 37 in total to be exact. Short code for each new smiley:

Code: Select all

:sn-1:
Just replace the number with number of the smiley of your choice. "sn" stands for "smiley new".

They are all based on these ones created by pinwhalestock. As they were on one single image, I had to cut them out using Inkscape. I also made some minor color adjustments like making the bow-tie of this smiley :sn-15: brighter so it is better seen.
smr1957

Re: New smileys

Post by smr1957 »

Excellent! Choice is always good! :sn-2:
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I reached the next "level" in Inkscape: combining existing shapes to create something new. Now we have a wink smiley :sn-37: in a similar style to the other new smileys.
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

Selene310187 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:51 pm I reached the next "level" in Inkscape: combining existing shapes to create something new. Now we have a wink smiley :sn-37: in a similar style to the other new smileys.
Leveling up! :sn-37:
Vlad 254

Post by Vlad 254 »

Selene310187 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:22 pm Yeah, shiny new smileys :sn-13: :sn-14: :sn-2:, 37 in total to be exact. Short code for each new smiley:

:sn-1:
Just replace the number with number of the smiley of your choice. "sn" stands for "smiley new".

They are all based on these ones created by pinwhalestock. As they were on one single image, I had to cut them out using Inkscape. I also made some minor color adjustments like making the bow-tie of this smiley :sn-15: brighter so it is better seen.
Nice. I love shiny new things
smr1957

Post by smr1957 »

OH YES, OH YES, OH YES, OH YES!!!!! :sn-42: :sn-43: :sn-41: :sn-39: :sn-40:

Sweets and drinks for you, Selene!!!!!!!
These users thanked the author smr1957 for the post:
Selene310187
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

Coming soon:

Smilies Categories
Modding on the Spectrum - Smilies Categories.jpg
I had to change some lines of code that contain the sql_fetchfield function having too many arguments. They gave me an error when I tried to open the settings of the Smilies Categories extension. It seems to work fine now. I will probably install it on the live forum tomorrow (my bed is calling me :sn-4:).

So I can finally add more smileys :sn-13: and keep the list of smileys organized.

Most of the upcoming smileys will be related to festivities like birthday and Christmas.
Avrie

Post by Avrie »

Uh oh... Now I'll have to edit my posts for coffee and cookies LOL, Thanks
Selene310187
Site Admin

Post by Selene310187 »

I installed the Smilies Categories extension which I mentioned in my previous post and added the drink and food emojis to the "Drink and food" emoji category. You can access the categories by clicking on the "View more smilies" link above and below the "Smilies" section of the posting editor.

The next step will be creating the festivity emojis and their category (plus some other food emojis like burger).

Edit:

Burger

:sn-46:
:sn-46:

https://publicdomainvectors.org/en/free ... 69657.html

More emojis will come in the course of this evening/night.

Edit 2:

It takes longer than expected due to additional changes I made to several emojis (changing color, combining shapes, creating additional simple shapes).

WIP image:
Modding on the spectrum - festive smilies - wip.jpg